The fever does not pass

The infamous hit me too!
Francesco
Utente attivo
Utente attivo

The fever does not pass

Messaggio da Francesco »

Since Monday I have a fever, my GP told me for the moment to take tachipirina 1000 to bring it down but nothing.
Yesterday was also my son's birthday who turned 30. I got out of bed to eat a piece of cake with him but I was really devastated. Every now and then he brings me a glass of blood orange juice because they say it's good. We are trying them all.

Tonight at 3 I went to the bathroom to pee but I collapsed. My son, the older one, ran to see and found me lying on the ground.
He picked me up and called an ambulance right away. Already the other days I was starting to struggle to stand up, I felt faint / faint.

Now I'm in the hospital and they'll do a lung scan. I got a drip and now I'm attached to oxygen. Now they will do all the checks on me.
Jack
Utente assiduo
Utente assiduo

Re: The fever does not pass

Messaggio da Jack »

Today it is slightly better. It has high flow oxygen, so a middle ground between the helmet and only the mask. A little help. It is performing well compared to the past few days.

Positive pulmonary swab therefore it will be necessary to wait another 4 days.

We asked to be able to make a video call, let's see if you want to see us :)
Francesco
Utente attivo
Utente attivo

Messaggio da Francesco »

Even today I have a high fever. It took them an hour to bring the parrot to me. This Covid is messing with me.
I keep taking 1000's of tachipirina but this fever doesn't give me peace.

They told me I have pneumonia and they transferred me to pulmonology.

I ate some salad.

I had my first plasma transfusion today ... let's hope for the best
Jack
Utente assiduo
Utente assiduo

Messaggio da Jack »

He did a bronchospy to suck out the secretions. To avoid continuing to bronchoscopy, they gave him a mini-track (tube slightly below his Adam's apple), a small wound in his neck, to suck up secretions.

They're downsizing cortisone therapy. He has no fever.

We're not out of the woods yet. Enough c-pap helmet, it is ventilated only with high flows, so a mask.

He doesn't want to make video calls yet, so as not to worry us.

Today a doctor answered the phone, very empathetic and kind, as well as - obviously - very competent. We always want to hear from him giving us good news.

He's drinking alone, so his muscles are regaining tone too.
Jack
Utente assiduo
Utente assiduo

Messaggio da Jack »

Today my dad's CT scan got worse and they decided to take him to intensive care to intubate him.
He will do cycles of pronation and assisted ventilation.
The hyperimmune plasma didn't work ... it was an attempt but the answer was not there. Unfortunately, there are no specific therapies but everything is being tested.
The fever has passed but it doesn't mean much.

We just couldn't hear it yesterday. We knew that he was also doing physiotherapy but nothing, despite everything ...

The problem is that there are no more cures .. he has done them all. We need a miracle
Jack
Utente assiduo
Utente assiduo

Messaggio da Jack »

Today he finished the first pronation cycle. Prone at night and supine during the day. They tell us it will go on like this for a few days.

Cognitively he is asleep with drugs, so he does not suffer.

There are no superinfections with respect to the lung problem (covid).

They told us that patients admitted to intensive care tend to develop hospital infections ... hopefully we are only missing those.

Fortunately, the heart works regularly.

If there were any worsening, we were told that they could proceed with any cortisone or antibiotic treatments.

We are told that it is not normal pneumonia because it evolves into fibrotic, that is, scars are created.
This viral disease affects the lung which should have a lot of air but these spaces are replaced by an inflammatory reaction and therefore the air does not pass.

We were counting on the plasma bags, he did three, but there was no improvement.

They tell us that the situation is very serious and it is difficult to talk about prospects.
Jack
Utente assiduo
Utente assiduo

Messaggio da Jack »

There are no big news.

He is continuing to do supination cycles alternating with pronation but he is unable to consolidate what is the respiratory gain he has in pronation.
They tell us that it is very common in this type of patient and it takes a lot of patience.

There is an extremely serious respiratory failure situation which is managed with maximal ventilation.

It does not have superinfections ("bad" germs that grow in very selected environments such as in intensive care) and this, they tell us, is a very positive fact.

They don't give us timing ... they tell us it takes a long, long time :( It's a very serious disease!
Jack
Utente assiduo
Utente assiduo

Messaggio da Jack »

Today the supination process continued. He gained a little more on respiratory changes.

They tried to put him on assisted breathing / ventilation, then detach him a little from the car but for the moment he can't "do it alone".

No infection in place. Kidneys functioning regularly.

They told us that every now and then they lower the anesthesia to check that everything is working and listen to the orders they are given; he opens his eyes but told us that he is obviously very anesthetized being intubated.

They wouldn't want to give him cortisone.

In our opinion that plasma instead of giving him antibodies, unfortunately, gave him more viruses.

Unfortunately, at the moment there are no drugs that have shown clear efficacy against covid :( let's say that they do support therapy for the organism and this is what tries to fight the virus.

I hope he really reacts if he had stopped smoking it's because he wanted to live longer ... 🙏🐞
Jack
Utente assiduo
Utente assiduo

Messaggio da Jack »

Today they told us that it is a very critical path. Very slow course typical of this disease.

He did not have a fever but had an increase in white blood cells to identify a possible germ on which to start antibiotic therapy.

His breathing does not gain with pronation.

He doesn't want to start improving that sucks ... slow slow
The only plus is that it's not getting worse .. bo
This hell of a virus doesn't want to go away
Every day you have to hope ... the less intubated the better
Jack
Utente assiduo
Utente assiduo

Messaggio da Jack »

Today there are no big news. Stable situation.
It goes on with the cycles of pronation. For the moment after these five cycles there is no improvement and it is difficult to think about extubation.
Respiratory exchanges almost acceptable.
They have a target of about eight pronation-supinations and if there is no improvement they will evaluate a tracheostomy :(

This damned virus damages a membrane in the lungs.

We were told that without this ventilator he would die because he lacked oxygen ... it does the job that his lungs should do.

The other bodies are all in all normal.

The antiviral drug is not there yet. For the moment the Hydroxychloroquine is not creating damage to suspend it.

Average hospital stay of 3-4 weeks. A somewhat treacherous path, they tell us.
Rispondi